Friday 20 November 2015

Nail Fail and New Swatch

Hello once again! My blog entry today will be quite short as I don't really have much to say about my recent WNAC nail-fail attempt, and the fact that I did not take any process pictures of either of these designs.... But anyway, as I was casually strolling through my local drugstore and I just happened upon their nail polish section. Oh, who am I kidding, I always go straight to the nail polish section at any store.  My eye quickly darted to this lovely mint colour from the Nicole collection by OPI called "I Shop Mintage" and it is gorgeous!  I went straight home and immediately swatched it with a really glittery gradient. Gradients are so wonderful and easy to do, I just love them. The polishes I used to create this particular gradient are:
  • NYC's Tribean Silver
  • OPI Nicole's Imagine If...
  • OPI Nicole's I Shop Mintage
  • over a coat of OPI's Nicole's Strengthener Plus
Continue reading if you want to see my really failed attempt at shattered glass nails for week 3 of the WNAC


I couldn't find any cellophane to create the actual shattered glass nails, so I attempted to do some with some very thin glitter tape. To be honest, he design didn't actually look bad until I added a top coat. It's such a shame that I didn't capture a picture before I top-coated (and glitter coated) the design, but I've learned from my mistakes and I really want to try this design again some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: