Friday 6 November 2015

Mustache Cat Nails (with Pictorial)

HELLO EVERYBODY! It's November and I've been M.I.A. for more than two week now... I sincerely apologize for not posting sooner. It's midterm season again and my schedule has gotten qute hectic, but I am back with a new design and ready to take on yet another weekly nail polish challenge!
As many of you may know, the month of November is used to raise awareness and money for men's health, and in particular, prostate cancer.  Men do this by growing their facial hair for a month. So in support of "Movember", I decided to do these cute kitty mustache nails (because plain mustache nails were so last year). 
Read on to see how I created these cute kitty nails:

  • Start off with a base coat and paint your nails a very light nude colour, I used NYC's Pink champagne, but decided that it wasn't solid enough and added a light coat of Sally Hansen' Sheer Ecstasy. It turned out really well and created this really pearlescent  pink colour.
  • Next paint a semi-oval shape at the free edge of the snail to create the shape of the cat's body, here I used a polish I got from Crabtree & Evelyn called "clay"
  • Using a brush or a dotting tool, create little tiny triangular ears at the top of the cat's head
  • (optional) paint little stripes on the kitty's head (between his ears) using a grey polish or some acrylic paint, and fill it in with a smaller pink triangle
  • Outline your kitty using a black polish or some acrylic paint to make him stand out more
  • Using a dotting tool, dot his two eyes in and then paint his mustache on with a thin paintbrush
  • (optional) add a little heart atop your little kitty to fill up some of the negative space



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: