Friday 18 September 2015

Lines and Dots Half-moon Design (with Pictorial)

Hello to all, and I hope that you've all had a productive and exciting week! I've just begun to settle down into my school routine, and so far, it's been going pretty well; though I am a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of work that I have to do already. The weather has also been a bit challenging to adjust to. Here it's super windy and chilly in the mornings but by the afternoon, it's burning hot, making it quite difficult to dress appropriately for the day without feeling too hot or too cold at some point during the day. I'm really longing for that autumn feel though, those days where you go out for a pumpkin spice latte with the crisp wind blowing gently and creating swirls of colourful leaves around you.
This nail was one of those 'spur of the moment' designs for me. I sat down with all my nail polish in front of me, put on a movie, and just let my hands do as they wished; and I just loved how it turned out! I love half-moon manicures, they're always gorgeous, but the accent nail adds so much extra rhythm and pizzazz to the finished product. This is definitely one of those spunky and fun designs that is extremely eye-catching and bold.
Keep reading to find a pictorial and a how-to on the creation of this manicure:

  • Start off by painting your nails a magenta-pink colour (I used NYC's Pink Promenade Creme) excluding you accent nails, which you should paint a solid white (NYC's French White Tip)
  • Create a half moon on each nail using either a round brush or even a dotting tool. I free handed all the entire design but you may choose to use vinyls
  • For your accent nails, fill in a smaller 'half'moon' in white
  • Draw a straight line down he middle of the accent nail and add alternating horizontal lines across each side
  • Lastly, fill in the design with alternating dots and vertical stripes (using a dotting tool)
... And that's it! A very simple and eye-catching deign!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: