Tuesday 31 December 2013

ADVENTURE TIME

OH. MY. GLOB. I chopped my nails off! Now that I have stubbly little nails, I had a bit of trouble coming up with nail designs that would fit my little nubs; consequently, I also have a lot of trouble using my phone and preforming normal tasks, I just can't seem to get used to short nails. (Originally, I had decided upon doing really detailed Disney inspired nails, but my canvas size decreased greatly, so I'll have to save that for another time).
I am super in-love with these nails right now! Adventure time is such a fun show and the characters are just too lovable. Needless to say, these nails were also amazingly fun to create, especially BEEMO (he's my favourite character). 
Here are my tips for creating your own Adventure Time Manicure:

  • paint your base colors first, and let them dry completely before you continue with your design
  • to get thin black outlines:  outline first and then fill in your colours. Using a thin brush (I used 10/0), outline the necessary areas first, and then fill the area in the correct colours. This not only results in thinner black outlines, it keeps help to 'mark' the boundaries for where you need to fill things in.
  • when creating the Jake nail, don't fill in the entire nail, leave a tiny space at the top of the nail (near the cuticle) so you can add the little ears on his hat
  • This manicure is suitable for any nail shape, and they're perfect for short nails!

In order from the easiest to the most difficult, and my additional comments: 
  1. Lumpy Space Princess -in the picture, it looks like her star is glowing but in reality, it's just yellow
  2. Jake the Dog -I had to layer 2 different yellow/golden yellow nail polishes just to get the correct colour
  3.  Princess Bubblegum-luckily, I posses many shades of pink polishes
  4.  Finn the Human -I also included his backpack straps, but they aren't visible in the picture
  5.  BEEMO-this is where my black outline trick really helped, especially with BMO's buttons
If you're a beginner at nail art, you can start with single character designs (and perhaps work your way up!)

AND here's to a new year filled with more nail art, and a lot more fun adventures waiting to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: