Saturday 10 October 2015

Damask Nails (with Pictorial)

Hello everybody and sorry about the late blog post! It's been quite a busy week since midterms just started; but I made it through both exams just fine (I hope). Anyways, I finally had a chance to do my nails late last night but I wanted to wait until today to take full advantage of the gorgeous sunlight in order to capture these pictures. Can you believe that no filters, effects or adjustments were added to these pictures? There truly is no lighting better to take photos with than natural lighting.
These nails are the second prompt for the weekly nail art challenge (WNAC2015) with the theme of "damask". I think that my first attempt at damask was pretty successful! The only thing that I would like to change is the amount of glitter I applies to it. In an attempt to make my nails stand out more, I got the idea of adding a glitter top-coat. I then had to balance it out by putting glitter on my accent nails as well, and it just made everything look a bit messy. All is well though, because creating these nails made me super happy and that is all that matters!
Continue reading to find a pictorial and step-by-step instructions on how to create thee nails!



  • Start off by painting your nails a solid base colour, I used a magenta-pink color from the Simple Sweet Vintage Glam collection
  • Using a thin brush (something smaller than a 12/10 will allow you to paint the finer details) and a reference picture, start painting your design on with white nail polish or acrylic paint
  • Keep in mind that the design does not have to match with the reference picture exactly, it just has to follow the general damask pattern
  • On your non-accent nails, paint a small and simple design in a similar style as the rest of your damask patterns.
  • You can also add a small glitter gradient (OPI Nicole's Imagine If), and/or go over all of your nails with a thin coat of fine glitter polish (Sally Hansen's Diamonds) to finish off your look

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: