Hello friends! As many of you know, a young and inspirational nail artist recently passed away. Ane Li sadly passed away as a result of suffering from depression. Although I did not know her personally, I was a huge fan of her cute designs; and it is with a heavy heart that I write this blog post. Ane had such a creative mind, and that's what stood out to me about her.
Upon, people of the nail art community have decided to pay tribute to Ane Li, and this Bayleef design is the one I chose to recreate. For those of you interested in seeing other tribute recreations to Ane go check out the #sharingtheloveforaneli tag on instagram.
Continue reading to see how I (re)created these nails...
- Start off with an opaque white base colour
- Using a thin brush and some black acrylic paint, draw the outline of bayleef (use pictures for reference!)
- Fill in bayleef's body using light yellow acrylic paint, you can add some very simple shading (using a bit of black paint mixed with the yellow)
- Fill in the spuds on bayleef's neck and the leaf on its head using a light green polish. Again, you can add some simple shading by making lighter and darker mixtures of the base green colour
- Fill in bayleef's eyes using black and red acrylic paint, and his mouth using ome light pink paint
- Fix any mistakes using some white acrylic paint; similarly, fix any outlining mistakes by using some black paint
- To do the lettering, use your thin tipped brush and do each letter slowly and carefully; be careful about the spacing and size of your letters. Any mistakes made can be fixed using white acrylic piant.
- once you are satisfied with your design, go over your nails with a top coat; I decided use a matte coat so that reflections/shine won't distract from the design.
....And that's it! Happy painting!