Friday 24 July 2015

Strawberry Nails



Hello everybody! Can you believe that it's almost the end of July? Where does the time go? It's been such a fun and relaxing summer that I really do not want it to end. I have so much more time to do my nails during the summer, and my nails are grow three time stronger than they do in the cold Canadian winters.
Anyway, I did some cute strawberry nails for my 'fruit themed nail collection' (I honestly don't know what to call it... Haha). To be honest, these nails did not turn out exactly as I hoped they would, but I wouldn't call them a complete nail fail because I love the big strawberries on my accent fingers. Plus, I really enjoy the colour scheme of these nails! They remind me of strawberry yogurt or strawberry milk; and it makes for a very sweet and cute manicure. If I were to recreate these nails again, I would definitely just paint the big strawberries on every nail.
Now, without further ado, here are my tip and tricks on how to create your very own strawberry nails:
  • These nails will suit every nail shape and length
  • start off with a very light, pastel pink base colour (I used 3 coats of Sally Hansen's Sheer Ecstasy)
  • To paint the shape of the strawberry, draw little rounded out upside-down triangles and put several small yellow dots on it for the seeds
  • To paint the stem/leafy part, simply use a brush or dotting tool and make short line that extend out from the top-middle part of the strawberry (the lines don't have to be even)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: