Hello world, I give my sincerest apologies for not posting yesterday! I'm trying really hard to try an post every Friday but I got preoccupied with some crafting. I got really frustrated with the project, and I cracked the thumbnail on my right hand (the side is chipped and a layer of my nail came off the free edge).
Anyway, this is my third piece of fruit inspired nails; and I must say, I just love how these turned out! They're so colourful and fun.
So, without further ado, here are my tips and tricks on how you can create your own lemon inspired nails:
- paint your nails a solid base colour (i used orange from the Simply Sweet Vintage Glam collection)
- paint a half circle on your nails that extend over the length of your cuticles (creating a "half moon" look) on all your fingers except the thumb and ring finger using light/pale yellow nail polish or acrylic paint
- draw a thin white line 2mm from the curve of he semi circle in white, and then draw small radiating straight lines that extend from the centre of the semi cicle to the curved white line
- on your accent nails, draw small ovals and space them apart and add 2 little dots (one at each end of the oval to create the lemon shape
- add a small highlight on the lemons using white acrylic paint or nail polish
- (optional) add small leaves beside each lemon on the accent nails
- finish your manicure with a glossy topcoat
My cinderella hand