I've really been hoping for spring to finally come to Canada, but the ground here is still covered with thick layers of snow- and it does look like it's going to melt away any time soon (we just had a mini blizzard a few days ago too)! So I took the best of both worlds and I combined white colours of the snow, turned it into the buds, vines and flowers I want to see and I created this really dainty and delicate looking manicure.
Here are some tips and tricks on how to create your very own French Foliage Manicure:
- Make sure your base colour is a solid nude polish that isn't too light, this way, the white colour of the foliage will stand out more
- use a thin brush to create the foliage; here, I used my usual 10/0 brush
- don't stick to the same design, have a variety of different designs
- keep your brush strokes heavier towards the free edge of the nail,
- as well, keep make sure that the foliage is more dense at the free edge of the nail, and thin it out towards the middle of the nail
- (optional) use a matte topcoat to seal off the design